On 1 Oct 2005 at 11:01, Paul Stenquist wrote:

> Most pubs I've worked with don't worry too much about exact specs. They
> can set the color space and ppi in a matter of seconds. You just have
> to give them enough pixels to work with. For the type of pub Shel
> specified, a ten to twenty meg file will be fine. For even the best
> glossy mags, a 70 meg file is enough for a spread. The pub won't  know
> the exact dimension of a shot until the layout is finished. The art has
> to be purchased before the page can be created. Once the space on the
> page is determined, the art director will resize the photo to fit. If
> they only have to make it smaller, they're happy.

Granted but indicating minimum file sizes and which colour space to use and
embed would likely cause less problems than specifying something vague like
8x10. It's kind of like being provided a street address with no suburb or
country.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998