Beautiful shot Dave!

Tom C.

From: David Mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: PAW - "Otago Gold"
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 21:20:40 +1200

Not sure if I'm getting ahead of myself or catching up as it's only been a couple of days since the last one.

This is a pretty sunrise I photographed in Dunedin during Easter. We stayed at a beautiful old guest house that was being restored (which is why we could afford to stay there). One morning we got up early and watched the sunrise from the balcony.

Otago is the name of the province in which Dunedin is located, and it is known for its gold rush in the late 1800s. There might not be much gold left in the ground, but there's plenty in the sky on the right morning.

http://www.bluemoon.net.nz/photo/printsdb/view.php?p=104&t=1

I did take a pic with a wider lens but the band of cloud at the top is quite thin so it wasn't as effective as this one.

BTW this is from the same shooting session as a previous PAW of mine:
http://www.bluemoon.net.nz/photo/printsdb/view.php?p=92&t=1

As always, comments are welcome.

Cheers,

- Dave