On 3/10/05, Toralf Lund, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I don't mind the pessimism in general so much myself. What can get me a
>bit worked up, is the continuous assertion that Pentax will always be
>one step behind because they are a smaller company than some of their
>competitors, that Canon will always make the best cameras because they
>have more money to spend on R&D etc. I just don't think this is the
>case. In fact truly great products often come from more minor players,
>and the highest amount of latest- and-greatest features or the longest
>list of three-letter abbreviations, is not the same thing as making the
>highest-quality products.

Just yesterday, I advised a colleague to dump the EOS 350D he had
borrowed, and go play with an *istDs. He wasn't happy with the 350 and
assumed all DSLRs at this price point were going to be the same. He's on
his way to try the Ds :-)

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__