Some Super-Takumar are multicoated but they are uncommon. They were the last batch of Super-Takumar before the lens mechanism was updated for open aperture metering.

Super-Takumar and single-coating lenses are now prefered by some japanese photographers for black-and-white. And today you also find the new Voigtlander 40/1.4 as a S.C. lens, and it is more expensive than the M.C. version!

Will there be a S.C. craze as there has been a bokeh craze?

Andre

The SuperTaks are multicoated, it's just not the SMC coatings, which are better.
And darnit, I've been looking for a SMC/Super Takumar 35/3.5...

-Mat