Thanks Jens. Didn't mean to hijack this thread, but I do like the DA 50-200.
On Oct 3, 2005, at 5:45 PM, Jens Bladt wrote:

Brilliant shots, Paul.
Regards
Jens Bladt
Arkitekt MAA
http://hjem.get2net.dk/bladt

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Paul Stenquist [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 1. oktober 2005 14:38
Til: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Emne: Re: Advice re walk around lens Australian outback

I use the Pentax DA 50-200 extensively. It's a very nice lens. I just
posted a couple of PESO pics that I shot with it. These are both at f8.
The first is at 200mm, the second at 160mm. I also use this lens for
walkarounds when I want a little more reach than a normal length. It
autofocuses very nicely and is quite compact for this focal length. I
focused it manually here, because the water spray and foreground rope
can sometimes fool the autofocus. I've only owned one Sigma lens, a
17-35 and found it no match for any of my Pentax glass. I replaced it
with the DA 16-45. However, I don't know anything about the two Sigma
lenses you've named here.
Paul

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3770890&size=lg