On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, John Forbes wrote:

It's my view that these things are linked. If you choose not to think so, then that is your prerogative, but I think otherwise, and as a Pentax customer, I don't like it when subscribers to this list try to put my/our supplier out of business.

I read and chose to ignore them in the first place. You seem to be forgetting that Herb has contributed to Pentax's wealth by being consistently an early adopter of spendy equipment. In the same series of posts where he expresses his doom and gloom scenarios, Herb wonders why he cannot push more of his money Pentax way.

Much like other people, who have explicitly shared their frustration at the same point, even if they don't share his stock-based disaster projections.

He has also suggested that he does not have to sell, in order to buy Canon, because he can, he said, if memory serves right. Or do you think that shooters like Herb will live with the -D for 2+5=7 years until the FA*24 appreciates (he did say that he expects them to pick up 5 years or so after death, do I recall correctly?)?

Bottom-line is that your accusations are unfounded conjectures, which did not so far warrant further discussion but for your new attacks. The fact that I chose to ignore them does not mean I accept them; although I can see where you are coming from, every man is innocent etc.

Calm down, if Pentax can go down through one man's deed it will come down anyway.

Kostas