Frank,

I have a Canon 8400F.  It comes with 35mm strip, 35mm slide and medium
format carriers.  I've had decent luck scanning print film.  I
wouldn't recommend it for slides.  A little photochopping has been
required for everything scanned thus far.  Knowing now the cons of
using a flatbed scanner for film, I would really like a dedicated film
scanner.  For the money, though, it's not bad.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com

--
"You have to hold the button down" -Arnold Newman