On Tuesday, October 4, 2005, at 11:25  AM, Tom Reese wrote:

Canon tried with the Elan 7E eye control system. It's designed to detect what part of the frame your eye is looking at and focus on that spot. I've
heard that it doesn't work very well (and hardly at all with eyeglass
wearers) but I haven't tried it myself.

I have an EOS 5 that has the eye control feature. If you program it to your eye properly it works fine. I find it particularly useful to stop down the lens just by looking at a small icon in the finder to judge depth of field. The trick to make it work is to go through the programming process multiple times.

The idea of eye controlled autofocus was first shown by Olympus at photokina, but they never put it into a camera.

Bob