Mike Johnston writes:

> You're not patronizing a camera thief, are you?!?

 I bloody hope not.

 In the case of the 300 the camera shop staff (where I bought it from) were
talking to the owner on the phone while I was there to confirm that he had
accepted their monetary offer so they could sell me the lens.  I know them
quite well and they've done me a big favour.  I think the previous owner needs
his head examined for letting such a gem sell so cheap, though.

 The 85 could possibly be stolen but is unlikely as I bought it from one of the
more reputable secondhand shops.  I assume they would have checked
against the police "stolen items" database, or at least contacted the university
whos name is lightly engraved on it.  I'm afraid to check into it myself in case I
lose it, so I'll just put my faith in the retailer for doing the right thing :)

Cheers,

- Dave

David A. Mann, B.E. (Elec)
http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/

"Why is it that if an adult behaves like a child they lock him up,
 while children are allowed to run free on the streets?" -- Garfield