On Oct 5, 2005, at 10:27 AM, Toralf Lund wrote:

Hell, this is one of the few things I've discussed here that I actually know something about. Not really that fun having strong opinions, then....

- Are you a mechanical engineer?
- Have you assisted in the design, manufacture or servicing of precision electro-mechanical devices? - Have you collected data and applied statistical inference engines to determine the percentage of error in estimates of reliability? - Have you reviewed the warranty claim record for types of cameras and analyzed them with an eye on 'time to failure' for different kinds of AF mechanisms?

Godfrey