Yes they do squeak when you eat them - of course, not the fried ones. Their
texture is really a bit unusual.  Can't really be described.

Well, if I get my work done today I'll be heading south to Milwaukee.  After
all this dicussion I'll definately be stopping at the Frigo factory in Lena,
WI for a bag of fresh cheese curds.

And it will be squeak ... squeak  ... squeak ... the rest of the way to
Milwaukee.

Eric Lawton