Hi!

The Nikon distributor in Norway was also a independent company. They apparently abused their position enough to exhaust the patience of Nikon, who is now taking over themselves.

Maybe one solution for your friend, Boris, could be to write a letter to Nikon's European head office to explain the situation?

I did not have a chance for longer conversation than few sentences exchange. He was hunting some chimps with his big gear...

I suppose you're right though it may not help as well...

Sometimes being with obscure brand such as Pentax (*grin*) has its benefits...

Boris