I've sent my congrats and well wishes to Don, but I'm glad to offer more here.

You know, if I had not met Don at Spartanburg Camera lo these many years ago, the PDML would not exist as it does now, the gatherings at GFM would not have happened, and many of the friendships we have formed would not have formed, so Don, for these and so many other reasons, will always be my brother.

I think of him several times a day, and consider myself honored to be able to call him my friend.

Mark Roberts wrote:
Grandfather Mountain photomeister Don Nelson finished his chemotherapy
for Hodgkin's Lymphoma a couple of weeks ago. Three days ago (Tuesday)
he got the results of his post-chemo PET scan (Positron Emission
Tomography, I believe - hope it doesn't "fog his film" so to speak <g>).
They found no hot spots, so he's in the clear.
They're probably going to want to keep an eye on him for a while, given
his age (well, he *is* retired now!) but he's officially a cancer
survivor as of Tuesday.

Looking forward to seeing him at the mountain in June. How 'bout the
rest of you?