Using an RTF indoors would be my last resort - only if it provided
the only means to take a picture. I sometimes - though quite rarely -
use an RTF for fill-in outdoors, but solely with lenses that are
small in size and this limits the choice to primes in the 28 - 85
range or short standard zooms.

"Peifer, William [OCDUS]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> napisał / wrote:

> Jim Apilado wrote:
> [Questions about use of RTF vs. external flash...]
> > I can see where an external flash would be recommended for the
long
> > zoom.    I'm not sure about whether to leave a hood on the other
two
> > lenses when shooting with the built-in flash.  What are your
experiences?

> Hi Jim,
>
> I've had occasion recently to shoot people from distances of 60
feet or so
> at 135mm and 210mm.  Even with an external flash, I find that my
subjects
> show a lot of red-eye if they're looking in the general direction
of the
> camera.  The problem is worse at greater subject distances, since
the angle
> of parallax (i.e., camera lens to subject's eye to flash head)
becomes