I'm about a week old here, so I haven't contributed to PUG. However, I
spent much of 2004 participating in various photo theme days, such as
photo tuesday or the various sh1ft.org scavenger hunts.

Although I was able to come up with photos satisfying the requirements
of the theme, I was never satisfied with the photos as... art?
keepers? For example, I once answered the question "Who Am I?" by
dumping out the contents of my purse and photographing the resultant
pile: I used it, but I didn't like the shot I took.

I got to a point where I felt my photos were pointless, and I was also
getting overwhelmed by the number of other responses to comb through,
so I discontinued participation, but I have recently picked it up
again due to a photography club I'm attending, so I would be glad to
try the PUG themes as well. I just wish I could come up with prints
that were usable in some way outside of the theme, and would welcome
hints from others about maybe a different way of thinking, to come up
with shots.

-- skye