Chicago Marathon.  A bunch of Kenyans won.

Here in the 12th mile, the eventual winner (#3) keeps an eye on the field.

     http://members.aol.com/rfsindg/marathon.jpg

#3 - Felix Limo set a new world record (?) of 2:07:02 and is $125,000 richer.
#15 - Benjamin Maiyo (just over the cyclist's helmet) was second at 2:07:09.

There were 40,000 runners in the race and some finished after 6 hours.
 After the elite runners passed, the rest quickly filled the 6 lane
street from curb to curb.  About 45 minutes into the race, I watched
the corner policeman turn a taxi away from trying to cross the course.
 It was a pregnant woman in labor trying to reach her hospital.  She
needed to go 3 miles north or 4 miles south to go around.
Regards,  Bob S.