Hi!

Here is one of my attempts at street work from the Norcal PDML outing
on Saturday.  This man was singing the old 'Rice-a-Roni, the San
Franciso Treat' jingle from the commercials (for those of you who
might remember them).  He was very entertaining and seemed to be
enjoying himself.

Pentax *istD, DA 16-45/4, 23mm focal length, handheld
ISO 400, 1/250 sec @ f/8.0
Converted from Raw using Capture One LE
adjustments done in PictureWindow Pro

http://www.daytonphoto.com/PAW/norcalpdml_sf_009-2bw.htm

Bruce, I think this photo has too much DOF. If you could've used wider aperture, perhaps it would render the background more OFF. I think it would be beneficial.

There is one more distracting element - the *open* book on the foreground. I realize it might have been impossible to get rid of it, but it does distract, because open book always means "a story" to me and the story of that book is probably unrelated to what you had to say with the photo ...

But, to be honest, the way I do it these days is with 43 Ltd lens (I don't have 16-45 zoom) set between f/2.8 and f/4, rarely f/5.6...

Boris