Thanks everyone for your advise & comments. Seems that it's the
"ripply" water & bird conflicting that's causing the feeling of
wrongness. I think it might have been nicer if the rippling water
transition had gone in the other direction. But such things are out of
my control <g>

I guess I'll just have to drag myself back there one day and give it
another go (good excuse to go anyway :-)

Dave