In a message dated 10/12/2005 7:28:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
can't type enough to properly discuss, but i often feel great intimacy
with certain of my subjects, even ones that i didn't interact with at
all, except to photograph in a fleeting moment.  don't know why, but i
do.  maybe it's illusory, but it's there none-the-less...

-frank
============
Yeah. Connectedness. It's a tricky thing. Maybe we are really photographing
some aspect of ourselves when we photograph others. Mirror/glass.

Forget my subsequent post. Don't mean to make you type. :-) Just been
thinking about things and wondering. Re Gallery. I figured it out. I am now
finally
comfortable enough with the camera that I am not thinking about it every time I
shoot. I was playing. I didn't do shallow DOF which might slow me down nor
exposure compensation which might also. And those are two areas I still have
more to learn about. But I was playing. Snap, snap, snap.

The cable car shot was decided on and taken in about 20 seconds. Not frank
(yeah, hehehe) was about the same, a tad slower, maybe a minute max, but
probably less. Ditto with Ride 'em Cowboy and Whatizit, about 30-60 seconds.
Real
quick. From decision to positioning to taking. Whatizit, no, maybe a minute and
half or two. I did walk up toward it.

Frankly I never thought I'd reach this point. Comfortable with the camera. I
still have areas to learn regarding the camera itself (like the above), but it
feels good to just get to this point.

Although if I had worked more, more shots might be a lot better. But that day
I wasn't in the frame of mind to work. So it's nice to know I can play with
the camera and not totally hoover.
Later, Marnie ;-)