You are a lot of help, Bill! I am sure he would much rather destroy a $75 lens than his new *istDS.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "dave g"
Subject: can't remove my screw mount lens from the k mount adapter

It's stuck, not mis-threaded and I'm a bit at a loss. Does anyone know
how to get this lens off (at this point if it involves destroying the
lens or adapter it's ok!).

Takumar 1.4 SMC lens
Pentax adapter
Pentax Ist DS camera.

I've had this lens on and off before but something is catching this
time. Also, the auto/manual switch is stuck on auto, which must be
somehow related...?

thanks for any tips!

The Diaphragm pin is stuck in the AF key.
If you want to save the camera, try forcing the auto manual button to manual and see if it doesn't retract the pin, thereby allowing the lens to be removed. This may, or may not damage the lens. If you want to save the lens, start at the back of the camera and start removing stuff untill you get to the front. At some point, you will be taking a hacksaw to the camera chassis if you go this route..

William Robb