OK but then when I do think about Canon I do not think about EOS 1DsMArk II
(what a stupid name, and some do not like *ist ..LOL) butabout EOS300/350. If
the EOS 300 gives nice image it is also a bulkyplastic crap thing.
Now who has reputation of cheap manufacturing heh? Yes it depends onthe budget?
Canon can produce very good things but only if you havethe money. Pentax is
less advanced, less expensive but hell , atsimilar budget, I do not feel like
it will crack in my hands. Period.
I have confidence in Pentax cameras (yes even my 18-55 which feelsOK). Not in
Canon ones. (note that latest Minoltas film cameras werealso laughable... just
plastic LOL).
Maybe Pentax will become like Canon. And then most will cry "Back thenwe had
quality !!"Hey, what do you want? Capitalist world, just can gives you both
IMO(which doens't mean another is better, that's not the point).
Regards,Thibouille
2005/10/12, Dario Bonazza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:> Cotty wrote:>> > Interesting. I
regard Samsung quite highly.> >> > I use a Samsung PDA phone that was released
in limited quantities back in> > early 2004 that incorporates a Palm OS driven
camera, phone, MP3 player> > (I was listening to music from an SD card in my
phone last year), other> > apps, and full sync compatibility with my computer.>
>> > Samsung is a big sponsor for Chelsea Football Club over here, and they> >
are currently top of the league.> >> > I would say that Samsung is well
regarded in the UK...>> I understand what you mean. However, when I think of
Samsung I mostly think> about> 99€ microwave ovens, cheap fax machines,
all-in-one scanners/printers, and> the like. That makes their business.
Conversely, when I think of> high-quality image stuff (cameras, printers)
Samsung never comes to mind.>> About camera phones, yes, they announced
3-megapixel, 5-megapixel or even> 10-megapixel models, but in Italian consume!
 r electronics stores I can only> see 99 to 200 € models, maybe incorporating
VGA-resolution camera modules..>> What about the SGH-6something with Pentax 3X
zoom lens? Have you ever seen> one on sale anywhere? Not here. Do you expect it
to shoot as good as (or> better) than the Opto S? I don't...> So in my opinion
(and I can be wrong) Samsung is good in making low to> mid-range products and
combos at an attractive price. That needs good> technology, of course, but a
strictly money-oriented technology (not> top-end) if I can say that.>> However,
things can change. It's common practice for manufacturers to start> with
low-end products and then expanding their range toward the higher-end> ones,
and Samsung looks to be doing that.>> Dario>>

------------------------Thibouille----------------------*ist-D,Z1,SFXn,SuperA,KX,MX,
 P30t and KR-10x ...