On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, keith_w wrote:

CRTs weigh well over 100 lb! Not that I move them every week, but come spring (and sometimes in between) my wife succombs to some need to thoroughly wash windows, and the TV *must* be moved.

My 7-yo Grundig CRT is fairly small (20 inch) and is probably too small for our viewing distance (3 meters, say 10 feet). However, its stand has castors, and when it broke down (all capacitors in the PSU were replaced) (even) I could lift it and fit it in the car boot.

Yes, I had it fixed, I don't like dumping (though I paid 75 GBP and I am not doing it again; I have done my bit). Plus, who knows (if we ever get round to it) how big the room is going to be in our next, aimed to be last for the next 20 years, house.

All I am saying is "horses for courses". I think Panasonic and Philips will be my first choices, maybe Grundig again, based on the picture we get from this one and CRT, if I can get it, I am not paying premium for design and fashion.

Kostas