Will the two eventually become Pentax-Samsung or will it become Samsung-Pentax? Sort of in the ChevronTexaco ExxonMobil arrangement. i.e. who will buy who. Who is most vulnerable? ----- Original Message ----- From: "P. J. Alling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: Pentax/Samsung

Sony.

Jack Davis wrote:

I suspect Pentax, at least through the "L" series, will be Rebel's D
competition. Pentax only in a few cases.
Seems all major dept. stores, with an electronics dept, shows at least
one version of the Rebel cabled to the counter.
I wish I didn't carry the long standing impression of Samsung as a
supplier of "cheap" products. My sense is they're saying,.."go ahead
and take a chance, after all, you're not investing much". Can't shake
it.
Have to say, this tech merge doesn't surprise me in the least. Logical
market oriented price fit.
Who is building the current Pentax sensor?

Jack

When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).