On Oct 14, 2005, at 10:48 AM, Rob Studdert wrote:

CRTs are too costly to ship and produce and new technologies always demand a premium especially when there are marketable benefits and cool technology labels. It's becoming very difficult to buy any kind of CRT TV/ monitor in
Australia.

It's not very difficult here, but I've noticed that CRTs are suddenly in the minority in the shops. It's basically the same as what happened with computers... nowadays the perception is that you only buy CRT if you're budget-conscious.

The quality of programming in this country makes it difficult to justify owning a TV at all. I don't consider that to be a bad thing because it means I can use the time more constructively.

- Dave (will there be another season of The Robinsons?)