To: "Boris Liberman" <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 9:03 PM
Subject: Re: Enablement and a question thereafter

Hello Boris,

I actually use my stuff somewhat the way you describe.  I take my
compactdrive with me and it takes up the space of a single lens.  I
have 4X512mb, 1X1gb and 1X4gb microdrive. So I shoot a card full and
then download it in to the compactdrive.  Then use another card and
pretty much swap between the two the rest of the time. I didn't want to pay for that much storage either, especially when the need for that
much all at once isn't a common issue.

When I shoot sporting events, weddings and the like, I have to do the
swap method.  At other times, I have enough storage to cover the
shoot. So yes, someone on the list does shoot as you are suggesting.

--
Best regards,
Bruce

Friday, October 14, 2005, 11:44:13 AM, you wrote:

BL> Hi!

Only for convenience when you don't want to take the time to download. I've been in the situation where I had filled both 1GB cards and then was stuck downloading one before I could shoot more. It was a busy day, sure I should have been more disciplined, but it can happen. With the 4GB microdrive and 2-1GB CF's I haven't had the problem again... yet.

Personally I'd go with 2-4GB cards before a single 8GB. Spreads the
risk a little.