It's sad but true that most photographers think the camera makes the
difference. in my opinion there are two key pieces of equipment that make all
the difference in the world between good and great pictures no matter what
camera you are using.
Number one (ahead of everything else by a mile) is a tripod with cable
release. Number two is the lens. Of course a good eye for composition beats
number one and number two, but if we are talking equipment its a tripod and
lens that really make the difference. In saying that, I was extremely
disappointed to see the number of images on the new LX gallery that were
taken hand held. If we're going to invest in a top camera and top lenses we
should use a tripod to bring out the best in our equipment. Otherwise we may
as well go out and buy the cheapest lenses we can find and save ourselves a
lot of money...
Vic from Canada

In a message dated 7/16/01 6:54:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,