I think that I would feel like a digital processor only if I had to
do corrections on the images before I thought them presentable.  Much like I
have heard from a few photographers I have met that have been using the
Nikon D1.

        I have a Nikon Coolpix 950 that I use for my version of 'snapshots'.
People who see the images are truly amazed at them.  It is not the megapixel
count that grabs them it is composition and the lighting.  I chose this
model because it offers me the chance to set it manually in many ways.  I do
not recall the last time I took a shot in Auto.

        Likewise, I have an MZ-S.  The one thing I truly enjoy while
shooting with it is the spot meter.  I have used it quite often to get
readings and then set it manually anyway.  I have a few AF lenses, but most
of mine are MF.  It is an improvement over the ZX-5 I have.  I tend to take
a lot of quick shots of crowds at festivals and sporting events
participants.  I like the AF because it increases my percentage of shots
kept.  Though I must admit that with the LX I would have one maybe two shots
that are out of focus, but after a long day of shooting it can get tiring.

        I recently took a couple of sunset shots with the MZ-S as a break
from the festival I was working.  I used the spot metering to meter two ways
- the sky and the boats.  I had a friend who spent 15 minutes trying to
decide which he liked better.  I could have gotten the shot with the LX, but
the MZ-S allowed me to trust the meter and get the composition I wanted in
less time.  I also avoided having to bracket.

        My point, that has been stated by others, is that AF and all the
bells and whistles is just additional tools that a photographer uses to
produce the image.  I look forward to a digital SLR just because I will take
all sorts of shots just for me and will not have the burden of processing.
I will always have my 35mm for those archival shots that I tend to come
across.

                                César Matamoros II
                                Panama City, Florida