On 10/19/05, William Robb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It is more notable that Quebec has group rights, and the English are the
> minority.
> At least that is current events, rather than history.

absolutely correct, bill!!

i was at a lecture at mcgill about 20 years ago, and mr. justice
deschenes of the quebec court of appeal (that struck down one of the
language laws) made the comparison between quebec's language laws and
nazi germany, using the cocept of "group rights" to connect the two.

that lecture stuck with me through the years.

-frank