frank theriault wrote:
On 10/18/05, Bruce Dayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I appreciate all the comments that have been made on this little
gallery.

I believe that some of Shel's comments stem from the fact that at each
of our PDML gatherings, we try to focus on a specific type of
photography.  This particular one was to focus on the genre of
'street', as it were.  As I said, many of us were out of our element
and trying to learn about this.  If nothing else, it gives each of us
some exposure to new things.

Not only is shooting this style new for me, but even recognizing good
and bad scenes during the shoot time and after.  I ended up having my
daughter, Erin, go through my stuff to give me some idea of what might
be worth showing.

In the spirit of further learning, I am submitting one more that Erin
said I should, but I didn't.  It should be noted that one of the
techniques that Godfrey told us about was prefocusing to about 7 feet
and then leaving the camera set to AV with about +.5 compensation.
Along with that, shooting about 24mm focal length to give some working
room.  That way, you could be ready for a fast changing scene, without having
to even bring the camera to your eye to compose.

This shot was done in that manner.  In fact, just as we stopped
walking for a moment, I just put the camera over my shoulder and
pressed the shutter - wasn't even fully aware of the scene behind me.

Any thoughts?  Certainly I am prepared to be blasted...

http://www.daytonphoto.com/Galleries/NorCalSF/norcalpdml_sf_007-1bw.htm

i rather like it...

-frank

That a Pentax and a Nikkormat?