Dario wrote:

> I never said to buy a Ford T after a Ford T, and I never said to buy a *istD
> after an *istD. Where do you get such an idea from?

The point I was trying to make was virtually everything have once been regarded
as "good enough", including the T Ford....

> I think a 16MP DSLR in a 35mm size (body and lenses) can offer more or less
> the same advantages when compared to a 18MP 645 system, both being a good
> step over current 6MP DSLR's.

I think we all  can agree that an MF DSLR that don't give better image quality
than a 35mm based DSLR don't make much sense....
I just don't think it will happen...

> > The fact is that people will buy the best there is as long as it is within
> > reasonable cost/hassle constraints. Whats good enough doesn't enter the
> > equation.
>
> So everyone is driving Ferrari and Porsche cas over there? No one is still
> buying current Fords, Volkswagens and Toyotas? Despite being just 100Kms far
> from Maranello, I don't see Ferraris all the time.

I DID say reasonable cost/hassle constraint. I don't find Ferrari prices
particularly reasonable....
I do, however, expect prices to come down...

Pål