>> You mean that Tamron lenses made before, say, 1984, won't act like an A
>> lens with the P-KA adapter?

> I guess they won't. I believe there must be the red "AE" above the highest
> aperture on the lens, in order to work like am A-lens with an adaptall-2
> adapter.

Despite my earlier dogmatic statement about K and Ka compatibility with the
Adaptall 2 mounts, I'm going to have to look at it again.

The only Tamron lens I've used with my fairly new DS is the 500/8 SD
mirror, and I was using just a K-mount version of the Adaptall 2 mount with
it (at f/8, of course).

I am going to have to dig out a Ka version Adaptall 2 mount (I've got one
sitting around here someplace) and try it with my other Adaptall lenses -
an SD 300/5.6 lens and an SD CF 70-150/2.8 Variable Soft lens - both of
which are from the pre-Ka era, I do believe (although I'm not so sure about
the 70-150/2.8).

[Since I have only recently entered the world of "modern af bodies" (the
DS), and since I have never really used any "program" modes on my LX's (of
course - <g>) or on my Super A's (I've used manual and aperture-priority
modes all the time), I never had a need to use the Adaptall 2 Ka version -
the K version was all I ever used.]

In the meantime, I apologize if my recent perhaps overly dogmatic statement
might have been stated prematurely (in that I probably should have verified
it first before posting it).

[By the way, if anyone wants a Nikon Adaptall 2 mount for free - just pay
the shipping - I've got one - it came with one lens or another, and it's
just sitting on the 70-150/2.8, and, being a Nikon mount, it's kinda weird
- you have to screw the Adaptall mount onto the lens clockwise, being
careful to not at the same time un-screw the lens cap counterclockwise -
<g>.]

Fred