There's belly-up and there's simply opting out, choosing not to compete in the market anymore. No difference in the end.

Right now they're floating on their side, acting sluggish, and are generally disinterested in food, IMO. At least that's what I see when I look through the side of the fishbowl.

Tom C.

From: "William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: Sent My Brother to the Dark Side
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:45:32 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom C"

None of these things by themselves stands as an overarching reason to go with Canon over Pentax. Together though it makes common sense to me. I just don't want to see anyone (especially family member or friend) 'lose' their 'investment' in the future, especially not mid-term future 2-5 years.

I don't think Pentax is going to go belly up anytime soon, but there is no way they or anyone else is going to compete technologically with the resources that Canon can bring to the table.
It's sort of like a mom and pop operation trying to compete with Wal-Mart.

William Robb