I always just tell people to look through the viewfinders. Usually that is all it take unless they are some kind of masochist.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Glen"
Subject: Re: Sent My Brother to the Dark Side

At 05:57 PM 10/25/2005, Tom C wrote:

Having not released a better camera than the 'D' in almost two years, I used the mindset of "What if I was buying a new DSLR for the first time?".

I would argue that the DS is a "better" camera, simply because of its price. ;)

Do the math between the 6mp Pentax and the 8mp Canon.
You really aren't getting a whole lot of extra bang for the buck.
A little more lens conversion because the sensor is a bit smaller, and an extra 300 pixels along one dimension, 450 pixels along the other.

William Robb