This is an interesting thing. I used to get a lot of speeding tickets. Then suddenly I stopped getting them. I could not figure out why. Finally I realized I had gotten married and my wife was in the car with me on most long trips. With two of us in the car it was not as easy to get a conviction if we went to court. While the cop would normally be believed above the driver, when there were two people saying he was lying it would more likely be believed. BTW, all those tickets were in Michigan (24+ years back) the radar the cops were using there back then displayed 72mph when you hit the calibrate button. In every case they said I was doing 72mph, but would write me up for 70 (pre double nickel speed limit) so there would be no points on my license (and incidently making it hard for me to prove they had hit the calibrate button). As with most folks it was cheaper to pay the fine than fight it anyway.

Anyway the point here is that when it is more than one persons word against the officer's, he just is not likely to approach you if there is not a real violation going on, and if there is he will most likely call for backup before he does.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"