Hello Tom,

Arrogance was not my intent and no I don't think of myself as well
know and respected.  I was thinking more of photographers who are
working in the industry who are selling their wares and published,
etc.  As such, it makes most of us on the list falling into the
category of not well known, myself included.

What you are doing, Tom, is making a self-fulfilling prophecy.  By not
ever recommending Pentax, in any situation, because the company might
not be around in some future, you are helping that to occur.  When I
am recommending cameras, I look at the likelihood of that person
needing the capabilities that a company might bring to the table.  If
they are most likely going to pick up a lens or two and just try to
take better snapshots, then I don't see where Canon vs. Pentax really
matters, concerning the future.  If they are wanting to go into
professional sports photography or wildlife photography, then I might
recommend something else instead of Pentax because they are better
suited for the genre.

Frankly, all the companies besides Canon look a bit shakey these days.
But I don't see Pentax rolling over and dying.  They are trying to put
out good, new products and compete where they can.  You are directly
recommending against them even where they are competitive.

--
Best regards,
Bruce