Yep, manual~mechanical, slip of the keyboard...

Jack Davis wrote:

Oh! I see. I take it, then, that the MV is full auto only, with no
manual settings possible. Mechanical shutter speeds notwithstanding.

Jack

--- "P. J. Alling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't believe that the MV had any mechanical shutter speeds, just X

and B, sort of like a ME without the +/- 2 stop exposure override.

Jack Davis wrote:

Margus,
I'm going to pass along a thought, although I don't own an MV and
know
absolutely nothing about them.
The 1 sec. min. shutter speed may only apply to a manual setting.(?)
The meter may, however, be able to set an exposure of up to 30
secs.(?)
I'll be checking to see if you find the answer.

Jack

--- Margus Männik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I got an old nice Pentax MV. Everything seems to work fine, but I noticed, that by User Manual longest shutter speed should be 1 second. My camera gives me also much longer exposures. I tried it at late evening with lens stopped down to f22, exposure was about 8 seconds and everything turned out correct. My handheld meter also suggested 8
sec.
Is it something wrong with camera or is the Manual lying ???

BR, Margus

When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).

__________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page! http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).