On 29 Oct 2005 at 18:42, graywolf wrote:

> There was a bit here about automatic cameras and consistent exposure, I
> was just trying out the Oly for some eBay photos. With the camera
> mounted in a fixed position, fixed lighting, and the same subject, shiny
> against a medium dark background, moved about to show different details,
> and the cameras set on aperture preferred mode at f5.6 I got shutter
> speeds ranging for 0.6 to 4.0 seconds. That is 4 full stops! I would
> certainly call that inconsistent. I will have to reshoot, but have
> decided I want a different background, so will have to wait until I can
> get the material. Next time around it will be manual exposure all the way.

Metering is probably off the subject using the sensor so my guess is that the
camera was taking care of preserving the dynamics of the scene vis a vis
preserving specular highlights.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998