Your problem makes me wonder if all the battery related problems with the istD series haven't to do with that dumb RTF. It is after all the most unreliable part of modern cameras. The fixed built in flashs are not as much of a problem, but still I do not like them. The are fine for casual snapshots, but do nothing much for serious work (yes, I know many of you like them as handy fill flashs, but I feel that the problems they cause and battery drain makes a tiny shoe mount better for that).

I do remember the days when more expensive cameras were better made, and did not just have more unreliable features.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Don Williams wrote:

I've been over this again and it seems the flash is indeed faulty. Its something I don't need and its a pity they don't make an *ist D version without one. Lifting the flash will soon run the batteries flat. I'm going to avoid that until I can get a new camera.

Hope you get/got good pictures.

Don

Jens Bladt wrote:

Nice talking to you on Skype, Don. Very nice invention, isn't it?
The camera is faulty - RTF doesn't work right. Hoope you get it fixed fast.
Regards
Jens

Jens Bladt
Arkitekt MAA