All this talk of panos got me trying some myself.
The program is pretty simple to use.

Here's what it gave me 1st try... (380Kb)
     members.aol.com/rfsindg/marmo.jpg

Here's a 2nd try to develop greater resolution...(3762Kb)
     members.aol.com/rfsindg/curve.jpg

Some strange things happening in the upper right with leaf shadows,
but still very promising.

autostitch was used to create this pano:

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

Regards,  Bob S.