On 31 Oct 2005 at 13:47, Gaurav Aggarwal wrote:

> Great picture. Loved it. I would like to see the picture in color also just to
> understand what you discuss here, if possible. It looks just great in B&W
> though. No problems with size since I use a 1600x1200 monitor. Where were you
> standing when you took this picture? Obviously not on the ground since there
> is
> no distortion that happens when the camera is pointed upwards. Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on the image. I was standing on a hill
but as you'll see in the jpeg extracted from the RAW file below there was
residual perspective distortion, this I corrected in PS. I used the RAW file to
extract the working file for the image, it wasn't as burnt out as the file
below suggests but it was still quite bad, I guess this is a good example of
why I shoot RAW.

These 12 towers provide 22MW of power to the West Australian city of Albany.
The rotors are 70m in diameter and the towers are 65m tall so overall at the
top of the rotor they are 100m above ground, pretty impressive to stand beneath
:-)

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio/temp/IMGP6415orig.jpg (~200kB)

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998