Well, I guess I am pretty close, considering I have not calibrated this thing in a couple of months. Some very faint color in the dark set. So I am close to but not exactly at 2.2.

BTW, Martin Fielding, the author of Adobe Photoshop PS2 for Photographers, says that the only reason Apple uses 1.8 is because the b&w monitor in the original Mac was only barely able to get that high. He says he uses 2.2 with his Mac's and recommends it. Says that 1.8 is obsolete. Of course that goes directly against what the guy says on the site you gave a link to. Just goes to show that opinions abound, I guess; just like people who think their own opinion is "TRUTH" incarnate <GRIN>.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"