[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 11/2/2005 9:25:43 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL
> PROTECTED]
> writes:
> thanks, Scott - glad you got a chuckle...
> funny thing is, I sent the link to the friend of
> mine who is dating now
> the guy in the picture... she got so fixated on
> the rack (she IS a Scrabble player)
> that she overlooked why I sent her the link - and
> didn't recognize him!
> And I thought it was a match made in heaven :):)

> ==============
> Hehehehe. Okey, dokey, I am lurking and all that, but I got to ask WHY is it
> a bad rack?

Even if he could use his blank to play hex he
would be left with GRRR.
He wouldn't use his blank for anything less than
say 40 points - depending on
how many tiles were left in the bag, what the
score is, etc, etc...
the way the board is set up (during that game) he
had no play.

The fellow who has the bad rack was the writer I
was working with on
an article about the tourney... so he kind flashed
the rack at me.

had there been a B open on the board he could play
BRRR and hope for
a great play next time... but that wasn't in the
1978 dictionary

I was kinda saying that with this rack the blank
was useless because there
was no bingo to be had.

> For a bingo, sure. But he has a blank so he could make hex and stuff. Placed
> right that X could still get some high points. I am missing something. I play
> scrabble online occasionally with friends (sort of a hoot, I am a terrible
> speller, but the online web page has a built in spell checker so it enables
> me to
> play. It tells you before you play if it is even a word -- scrabble is still
> hard that way and I win rarely, although occasionally I pull off two bingos
> and win. But not when I am up against the guy that usually does four a game.
> :-)).

There is a better site --
www.isc.ro

Internet Scrabble club....
check it out :)

> Anyway, I am missing something. I suspect that rack could actually spell a
> word. Or something like that. Probably an illegal word. But it has me
> scratching
> my head about the three r's. I couldn't figure it out.
>
> I give in, tell us.
>
> Marnie aka Doe :-)

see above - it is a terrible rack and no clear way
to make it really nice the NEXT time.
You always have to think one rack ahead, as well
as merely making a play.

xo,
ann