frank theriault wrote:

On 11/3/05, Dario Bonazza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My choice is the Spotmatic F.

A lot of people seem to be choosing the F.  The only thing I wouldn't
like about it is that the meter's on when the lenscap's off.  That
means the battery's constantly draining, and if you leave the cap off
when you're done...
Been using a Spotmatic F since '74. When traveling, walked around for many a day with the cap off. Never had a problem. From my experience, this isn't much of a problem. I always had a spare battery buried in the case. Can't remember using one while in the field, but that maybe just my bad memory. Almost all of them became suspect due to age and were tossed. For me, it was never a problem. Have a couple of ESIIs that came my way over the years. Prefer the F.

I'd choose the SPII.  Stop-down metering doesn't bother me a bit, an
you still get the hotshoe.
Had one of these for aboutr seven years. Great camera. Stop-down worked fine for me.
Otis Wright

-frank