Nothing, if you understand what you get when you read open circuit voltage and these results are acceptable for your application. Depends on the accuracy you want. My experience has been that testing batteries under load gives more accurate indication of status. I could, but am not interested in doing so, assemble a load/meter combo using the manufacturers data. Assembly is relatively easy. Calibration/test and packaging for field use takes time I'd rather spend doing something else. I was looking for a prepackaged reasonable quality unit for field use in assessing cells used randomly in a standby/backup application.

Otis Wright

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

What's wrong with a simple voltmeter?

Godfrey