Juan Buhler wrote:

> Why would you say that? Unless you write your email of physical
> address or phone number there, there's no way someone could send you
> spam.

I meant that the concept of this thing sprung up
on the internet as you
and someone totally unrelated to you discovered it
- there has to be
a reason beyond "isn't this cute" for it to exist,
Juan - I originally
thought that you had designed it all yourself.

at the very least, someone is using it as a
marketing tool - a way, perhaps,
of finding the densest population of people
involved in specific endeavours
for targeting sales - be it on internet or
elsewhere.

ann