On Nov 10, 2005, at 10:13 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:

On 10 Nov 2005 at 20:05, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

When I open a JPEG file that has been made in-camera with Adobe RGB
colorspace, it puts the funny file name on it and Photoshop opens it
directly. If it had no colorspace profile or one that wasn't A-RGB,
it would ask me whether I wanted to assign or convert it.

Either the profile *is* embedded or Photoshop is intelligent about
the funny file names. :-)

I just created a set of 4 shots, JPG, TIFF in AdobeRGB and sRGB using my *ist D V1.11, I dropped the lot into straight off the card into the PS desk-top.

PS recognised that the sRGB TIFF, sRGB JPEG and AdobeRGB JPEG had embedded profiles, however the AdobeRGB TIFF was without an embedded colour profile.
Hence the confusion :-(

There you have it.
(The DS doesn't make TIFF files, and I've never used that setting on my cameras that do anyway...)

Godfrey