Peter McIntosh wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm considering an *ist DL body, as I've got a few pentax lenses to use on it. But I don't get this "lens factor" I've seen mentioned, that seems to indicate my A28mm won't be a28mm on a digital body. What's the situation with non-digital lenses on digital bodies?

I do recall seeing the tail-end of a similar thread when I joined the list. If there's something in the archives, please feel free to point me in their direction.

Ciao,

Peter in Sydney

Multiply the focal length by 1.5 to get the 35mm equivalent field of view. Your 28mm will have the Field of View of a 42mm on the DL. for this reason, the kit lens (Which is pretty darned good) is a good buy, as it gets you a 27-83 equivalent zoom with decent optical quality.

Do note that this conversion factor is only accurate for the Pentax, Nikon, Konica Minolta and Fuji DSLR's, others have different conversion factors (2x for Olympus, 1.7x for Sigma, 1.6x, 1.3x and 1.0x for Canon depending on the model)

-Adam