On Nov 14, 2005, at 5:43 AM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

I saw one of those 30-inchers at the Apple store in Emeryville. Gorgeous screen - bigger than my TV (well, so's the 23-inch). I could see watching DVD movies on it rather than the TV set ... Oh, the abundant screen real
estate is great to have as well.

Desktop size is like modem speed. It doesn't matter how much you have, you always want more.

If I was to return to using a single screen, it would have to be one of those 30 inch ones. I've recently tried working at 1920x1200 (=23" CD) for a week or two. It was OK for Photoshop but when I got stuck into some web development it just got in the way. And that's with virtual desktops. Exposé is all that kept me from suffering a nervous breakdown :)

- Dave