I rarely scan a photo - and then not for high quality - I find the
Epson software simple to use and the results are similar for that
purpose.

I have to admit that for the past two years, since getting the *istD,
I have scanned very little - just catching up on old backlog.
Scanning is one of the things that drove me to digital.

--
Bruce