> Now, is there someone around here who can make any sense of all this?

Well, not I - <g>.  I'm wondering though, now, Ralf, how you would find
using the "special" finders on your new LX (specifically, the FB1 base
fitted with the FC-1 "action finder")...

> Further info:  I am far-sighted and my eyes have lost practically all of
> their close-focussing ability over the last few years.

Were you farsighted (hyperopic) first and now have also become presbyopic,
or, when you say "far-sighted", are you referring to that as presbyopia?

Fred